We hope this letter finds everyone healthy, happy, and prepared to ease back into a regular routine. We are so excited to go back to work and to update you on our office reopening and the steps we are taking to keep our patients and team healthy.
Dr. Stephen Colby, Dr. Ryan Mueller, and the entire orthodontic team have been working hard to put additional protocols in place. All the protocols we are using follow guidelines from the CDC, OSHA, ADA, and the MN Board of Dentistry. Governor Tim Walz and the MN Board of Dentistry have permitted us to reopen for regular procedures beginning Monday, May 11th. We will need to prioritize those patients with urgent needs the first week we are open. We thank you for your patience.
Infection control and patient/staff safety has always been a top priority for our practice. Prior to COVID we were already utilizing the highest levels of sterilization and infection control. We now have additional protocols to help maintain social distancing and to increase safety. Please read the new protocols prior to your next appointment.
BEFORE YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT
1. Each patient must have a COVID consent filled out for their chart. Please complete the consent prior to their first appointment. This form will be needed one time.
Here is that link: Click Here »
2. Each day that a patient is scheduled, you will receive a text that morning to complete a COVID Health Questionnaire. That must be completed prior to being seen.
3. If you or child have had a fever (100.4) in the last 48 hours, have shortness of breath, a cough, change in taste sensation or have traveled outside the US in the last 14 days we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
4. Patients will need to brush and floss at home, prior to their appointments, as the brushing sinks are currently unavailable. Parents: please check your child's teeth to be sure all plaque and food has been removed!
5. New guidelines require patients and parents to wear face coverings or masks when entering the building and while in the office.
6. Please let us know if you have any broken brackets or appliances so that we can plan your treatment in advance.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE TO THE BUILDING
1. When you reach the building, please text the patient's full name to 218-316-6531 to notify us of your arrival and we will reply when your chair is ready. We ask you show up on time for your appointment. If you are more than 5-10 minutes late, we may ask you to reschedule per the doctor's discretion.
If you are comfortable, please send your child unaccompanied to their appointment. If not, or if you forgot your COVID consent forms, we request that only 1 parent/guardian accompany their child to the office to check them in and we request that you return to your vehicle.
2. Patients will have a no touch temperature scan and be given hand sanitizer when they arrive.
3. Patients will be given an antibacterial/antiviral mouthwash that contains 2% hydrogen peroxide when they are seated for their appointment.
In-office appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule, but we will be limiting the number of simultaneous appointments to manage the flow of people.
4. Following appointments, patients will be given instructions for their next appointment. No need to schedule in the office, you can call 218-838-2650 to schedule the next appointment.
5. Staff will have their temperatures taken daily and be wearing our new full-face shields and masks. Surface disinfection protocols and all staff equipment have been modified to meet the new OSHA guidelines.
NEW VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT OPTION
Some procedures will be checked via a Zoom meeting with you and your child from your home. We are excited about this new option and look forward to maximizing this feature for your convenience.
Once again, WELCOME BACK! We look forward to continuing your orthodontic care!
Dr. Stephen Colby, Dr. Ryan Mueller, and the entire orthodontic team